Thursday, March 01, 2007

My First Book Signing

For about nine years now, I've had dreams of how the event that took place last night in my hometown's public library would turn out. My dreams paled when compared to the reality.


My first book signing was absolutely AMAZING! For two solid hours, I signed copy after copy of Deliver Me. I am still overwhelmed by how many people from my community came out to support me, though it really wasn't a surprise. I live in a close-knit town, and we always support our own. Of course, I took bunches of pictures. Here's just a few:


My dad had this mega sign made to go outside of the library. I think Nasa got a report from the Space Station about a purple and white object spotted in the vacinity of Louisiana.




Here's me...umm...signing a book. Since that's...umm...what you do at a book signing.



Here's one of me and my sister, Tamara. Boy, are we both happy.



There was even this completely awesome Deliver Me cake! Not only was it beautiful, but it was delicious, too. Yeah, I ate more than I should have. Thanks Felicia and Ronnie!





Here's me with two of my fabulous critique group members, Roz and Shauna. I had no idea how lucky I was when they invited me to join their group about four years ago.



I'm really enjoying this published author gig. I think I want to stick with it for a while.