Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Romance is in the air...not!

I'm a romance writer and Valentine's Day is the one day of the year that just screams romance. So, this morning, I set out to make the most out of my first Valentine's Day as a "real" romance writer.

It hasn't been going all that well. Basically, it's just a regular day.

So far, I've completed my daily writing at Starbucks. The scene I worked on was kinda romantic. Does that count?

I also stopped in at my local Barnes & Noble to buy a book. It was a romance novel, of course. Hey, that's got to count for something, right?

***side note***

I have gone to B&N for the past five days so I can use the 25% coupon I recently received via email. I have GOT to get help for this book buying addiction.

***end side***


But wait, the day is only halfway over. There's still hope.

Or...maybe not.

The only thing planned for tonight is watching the second part of American Idol's Hollywood Week. Maybe there will be a little romance between Simon and Paula? Ummm...probably shouldn't count on that.

I did receive a Valentine's Day card from my boss's unbelievably adorable 11-month-old daughter. It was sweeter than any box of chocolates.

Happy Valentine's Day!