Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Mardi Gras!

It's Fat Tuesday here in the Big Easy, and as always, I was out on Canal Street in festive Downtown New Orleans celebrating this great tradition with my family. Here are a few of the sights of Mardi Gras 2007. Don't worry, they are pretty tame. I never venture to Bourbon Street on Mardi Gras.

Here's a float from the famous Zulu Pleasure and Social Club's parade. Zulu is the first parade to roll on Fat Tuesday. Their decorated coconuts are the MOST coveted throw of all of Mardi Gras. I was a little too far away to catch a coconut this year, but maybe next year.



The Grand Marshalls of the Zulu parade were three players from our beloved Saints! Joe Horn, Michael Lewis and Devry Henderson! It was the highlight of my day!





One of best aspects of Mardi Gras is the costuming! I saw an array of elaborate costumes today, from FEMA's Red Tape to a Swamp Man. Here is Dorothy and Toto, a very long way from Kansas.




I found these ugly little girls walking along the parade route and asked them if I could take their picture. Just kidding. I actually know those ugly little girls.



Overall, it was a great day. If there is one thing you must do in life, it should be to attend at least one Mardi Gras. It's something everyone should experience at least once. Chances are, you'll be back again.