Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks

It has been quite a year, to say the least.

Last year at this time, I wasn't happy with my job, the desire to write was virtually non-existent, and things were still very much chaotic in the wake of a storm by the name of Katrina that blew through these parts. And while I still had an abundance of things to be thankful for, namely that my house was still standing and my family was alive and well, it just wasn't the same at Thanksgiving time. There was a somber mood in the air.

What a different 365 days make!

Blessings have overflowed in a major way. My family remains happy and healthy, and even though I did lose my precious grandmother this year, I can rejoice is the 85 years she spent on this earth.

Additionally, over the course of this year, I gained a new sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and step-niece. I landed the BEST job, working for the BEST company ever. And, best of all, realized my life long dream of selling a novel. Sometimes, I have to stop and mentally pinch myself. After dreaming about this for so long, it doesn't seem real.

I am grateful for every morning I am allowed to rise, for every breath I am granted, and I look forward to expressing my gratitude on the day especially set aside to give thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving.