Monday, October 16, 2006

Squeal!

Today, I had one of those extremely cool first-time author moments. I opened a large envelope from my publisher and found the galley copy of my manuscript, along with about 100 cover flats!

I'll admit, I wasn't all that jazzed about the book cover when I first saw it. But after holding it in my hands and running my fingers across the embossed lettering, that cover looks pretty darn nice. It has my name on it, for Pete's sake! There is a book cover with MY NAME on it! This whole author thing is starting to feel soooooo real.

The galley has to be returned to the copy editor by Halloween Day, so book #2 will be pushed to the side for yet another few days. However, I'm still planning to have it complete by that mid-November deadline.

Any time management experts out there? Looks like I'm going to need it!