Thursday, November 02, 2006

Mini Graduation

Don't you just love graduation?

Pomp and Circumstance. Caps and Gowns. Long-winded speeches from people you don't know.

Ahhh...nothing like graduation.

Well, I didn't have one of those graduations, but I did take another step forward on the road to publication. Yesterday morning, I was accepted into the Romance Writer's of America's PAN organization.

Timeout for the happy dance. *Go Farrah, Go Farrah*

For those who are not familiar with the term, PAN is short for the Published Authors Network. And, of course, the main criteria is that you must be published by an RWA approved publisher. I'm now able to join email loops where fellow published authors engage in industry and craft-related discussions. Also, at the RWA National Convention, I'll be able to attend PAN-only workshop sessions.

Still doing the happy dance.

The only downside to becoming a resident of PAN-land is that I have to leave RWA PRO. PRO is for aspiring writers who are making significant PROgress with their writing careers. I've been a proud PRO member for several years, and I cannot express just how grateful I am for all the wonderful info I've gleaned from those ladies (and gentlemen). However, the whole point of PRO is to one day make it into PAN.

And I've made it!

P.S. Mucho congrats to a friend who has earned the rights to a real graduation. Congrats to you, Dr. Wyatt! :)