Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Resolving not to resolve in '07

It's the new year! We all know what that means: RESOLUTIONS!

I'm pretty good at making resolutions. I'm pretty bad at keeping resolutions.

But, I'm getting better at it. I think.

Hey, I was able to check off a major item on last year's list when I sold my first novel. Of course, anyone in this business knows that had just as much to do with luck (or, as I believe, divine intervention) than me declaring that I would finally sell a book. However, I did have a hand in it. The fact that I continued to write after years of rejection planted the first seed in the eventual blossoming of this goal. So I'm going to take at least a little credit in finally keeping one of my New Year's resolutions.

This year, I decided not to make any new resolutions. Instead, I'm going to continue working on last year's list. Because, frankly, I like the resolutions I made last year. I set some pretty lofty goals for 2006, and as I think back on them, I realize I would have to be crowned "Luckiest Girl in the Universe" in order to have all items on my list come to pass in the span of one year.

So, this year, I resolve not to make any new resolutions. I've still got too much to accomplish on the heels of '06.

Boy, I can't wait to read this blog entry a year from now.

Labels: