Thursday, December 07, 2006

Do you know Judith McNaught?

If you haven't heard of her, I suggest you hop on Amazon, or BN.com, or head out to the nearest bookstore NOW!!! Whether you love heart-stopping historical romances, or chilling suspense tales, Judith McNaught will take you there. Her magical writing will leave you enraptured, I promise.

But, to me, the incomparable JM is so much more than just an amazing storyteller. If not for her, I would not be where I am today. It is because of her wonderful stories that I met an amazing bunch of ladies who encouraged me to write. They have served as cheerleaders through four very grueling years of rejection letters, stubborn characters, and stories that just refused to work. And, if it were not for Judith McNaught's books, I never would have found them.


Not only is Mrs. McNaught a fabulous writer (that's an understatement--she's really the BEST if you love stories that stick with you forever), but she is also great to her fans. This past summer, she invited a group of her loyal--sometimes fanatical--followers to a private affair in Chicago. While there, Judith surprised me with a special toast commemorating my first sale. I get chills just thinking about how nervous and overwhelmed I was standing in her suite, sharing champagne with THE Judith McNaught.

On the "Amazing Things To Happen In Your Life" list, this one ranks pretty high up there.




Labels: , , ,