Sunday, November 23, 2008

Meme revisited

My friend the Sphinx tagged me for a meme on six random things. I'd already partipated in this particular meme, but since it's been about a year and a half, I figured it was time to revisit the Eight Random Things about me.


1. I have to physically stop myself from raiding the clearance racks at Macy's. There should be a support group for those of us who can't help but zero in on those red clearance signs. These days, I just try to stay away from Macy's. Although, there was a coupon in today's paper.

2. In my Social Psychology class in college, I was deathly afraid my classmates were going to find out that I was the person who continually messed up the grading curve. It's not my fault I'm a nerd! I have a young cousin who's also a nerd. We've decided to get "Nerds Rock!" t-shirt made. I'm embracing my inner nerd, dammit!

3. I sometimes answer to the name Wicked Whore. It's because I've been known to do just about anything to see the Broadway musical, Wicked, which I just saw for the eighth time a couple of weekends ago. This has moved up to nine times.

4. If gas prices go up another five cents a gallon, I will no longer be able to afford to drive my car. This is fact, people. Boy, aren't I happy this has changed. It'll make that eight-hour drive home for Thanksgiving so much easier.

5. When I was about six-years-old, I stole a Hershey Bar from K-Mart. I remember looking my dad in the eyes when I did it, so I'm sure he paid for it. I still thought I was getting away with doing something bad. I should have known a chocolate addiction was in my future. No change here. Still addicted to chocolate.

6. When I wrote "The End" on my first book, I got down on my knees, and with tears in my eyes, thanked God. It was 2:28 a.m., July 31, 2001. I promise to do the same thing when I write "The End" on my current book--number nine!

7. I nearly gave up my undergrad scholarship over my fear of public speaking. I refused to take a required speech course. I eventually got through the class after months of therapy to combat my Social Phobia. It worked a little, but the fear is still there. Yep, the fear is still there. I have become slightly (as in 0.00001%) more comfortable before a crowd, but my heart still flutters like mad.

8. I have never sucked the head of a crawfish. And I never will. That's something just the Louisiana people can probably relate to.

I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be six things like the current meme. I don't follow directions well. Hey, there's another random thing!

Be sure to hop over to Sphinx Ink to read Sphinx's random things. She has a great story about a very...umm...proliferous great-grandfather.