Tuesday, November 18, 2008

You know you're in Texas when...

A few weeks back, I promised to show some sights from my new hometown of Austin. As many of you know, when it comes to taking pictures, I'm not always the most reliable person. However, as I was leaving the day job yesterday, I saw something that made me take a double, then triple take.

In fact, it was such a spectacle, I drove back to my office to snap this picture.



Yep. That's a car with horns.

When you live smack dab in the middle of Longhorn Country--that's The University of Texas Longhorns--you run into your share of fanatics. This person wants to make sure oncoming traffic knows they're about to encounter a UT fan.

I'm not sure if the guy or gal actually found a car that special Longhorn burnt orange, or if it was specially painted. I guess if you're going to stick a pair of gigantic horns on the front of your car, it's safe to assume a special paint job isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I am definitely deep in the heart of Texas.

Stay tuned for more sights from Austin.