Monday, May 12, 2008

Romance Slam Jam 2008

I'm a week late with this post, but does that really surprise anyone? Even though I am a bit tardy, and pictures from this year's Romance Slam Jam are already all over the net, I would be remiss in not posting a few of my own.

This was my first Romance Slam Jam, and the event far surpassed my expectations. I had a blast meeting authors who I've gotten to know through the blogosphere. However, the best part of my weekend in Chicago was meeting the fans! Who needs crack when you have people telling you how much they love the characters you've created? No feeling can compare to the joy of knowing you've sucked readers into your world and taken them on a journey with your characters!

So, without further ado, here are just a few snapshots from the 2008 Romance Slam Jam!

Here I am with the fabulous Gwynne Forrester. She is simply fascinating.



I finally met Gwyneth Bolton in person. After "knowing" Gwyneth through the web for well over a year, it was great to finally meet face to face.



I had a fantastic time Saturday afternoon at the book signing. I signed a bunch of copies of Deliver Me and book flats for Release Me.



One of the biggest highlights of Romance Slam Jam was meeting Louise. Louise was the first fan to contact me after I sold Deliver Me.



If this isn't enough for you, Radiah of Urban-Reviews (which is featuring Release Me as the Excerpt of the Month!) has tons of pictures from the Romance Slam Jam, including pics from Saturday night's
Emma Awards, Saturday afternoon's book signing, and tons of video from the Old School Jam party, which I missed on Friday night. I will not make that mistake again.