Thursday, February 14, 2008

Please, no pictures.

I’m not sure what it is these days, but I think my subconscious has me purposely shying away from cameras. In the past week, I’ve had perfect picture opportunities and have walked away with zilch in the photo department.

The first was at an awesome five-author book signing this past weekend at a huge Barnes & Noble mega-store. The event, which was called “Romancing February” in honor of Valentine’s Day, was my first Barnes & Noble book signing, which I consider a pretty big deal. So, why didn’t I think to snap just a few shots to preserve this grand event for prosperity?

Last night, I participated in another Valentine’s Day celebration. It was called Hearts Afire, and again, featured a panel of romance writers. Last night was about more than signing books. I actually had to speak. Yikes.

After I gave the fifteen minute version of my writing journey, and listened to fellow romance authors Metsy Hingle, Nancy Wagner, and Robin Wells do the same, I got to mingle with aspiring writers and readers. It was the perfect picture taking opportunity. Where was my camera? Stuffed in my bag.

I just don’t get it. Maybe if I start walking around with the camera hanging around my neck, I’ll remember to snap a few pictures every now and then. Until then, I’ll have to paint the picture with words.