Monday, July 09, 2007

Bugging out in the great state of Texas!

Okay, so I know I went MIA last week, but I had very good reason. I've been working like a crazy woman to get ready for my first Romance Writers of America National Conference as a published author.

I arrived in the beautiful city of Dallas, Texas last week and have been visiting with my baby brother and his family and hitting every shopping mall there is to see. And believe me, there are a plenty out here. There's also IKEA. I love IKEA!

However, I have to continually remind myself that shopping is not my top priority while here in Dallas. The creative energy force that is the RWA Conference is my top priority. This one is shaping up to be the best yet!

This is my sixth conference, overall, but it's my first chance to wear one of those pretty hot pink PAN (Published Author Network) ribbons on my chest, and sign books at the RWA Literacy Book Signing. To say I am super-duper, over-the-moon excited is a MAJOR understatement. I'm lucky enough to have over 60+ friends and family members who will attend the book signing this coming Wednesday. Expect plenty of pictures.

I'm hoping to blog about the national conference as it happens, but that's only if I'm able to get the wireless to work on my laptop. *keeping fingers crossed* Whether or not I'm able to blog this week or not, you better believe I'll have tons to say about this conference in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned!