Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A "Surprise" Day

I loooove days like today. It's what I call a "surprise" day.

You see, most days, I have this sixth-sense about whether or not I'll have a really great writing day, an average writing day, or a crappy writing day.

When I woke up this morning, it had crappy writing written all over it. I just wasn't feeling the story. I knew where I wanted to go, but had no idea how to get from point A to point B. This happens from time to time, so I was fine with just getting through the crappy day and waiting for bigger, better things tomorrow.

Well, guess what? My crappy writing day turned out to be a really great writing day, and I had no idea it would be until I sat in front of my laptop and put fingers to keyboard. The words just started to flow. I found out a few things about my characters, which is always cool, and best of all, I'll probably keep just about everything I wrote. Now that's way cool.

Tomorrow, I'm going to have a super great writing day. I figure if I start telling myself that right now, I can will it into reality.