Thursday, March 22, 2007

PRIDE - The Movie

A couple of nights ago, I had the pleasure of attending my second advance screening of the new movie Pride, starring Terrance Howard, Bernie Mac, Kimberly Elise, and Even Ross (son of the fabulous Diana Ross).



This was truly special because Pride is the first movie to be filmed in post-Katrina New Orleans. It's also the movie that was being filmed when I started working for the best company ever, which also co-produced the movie along with Lionsgate and Element Films.



Pride tells the story of Jim Ellis, who has changed the lives of so many kids through the Philadelphia Department of Recreation (PDR). The film was actually first titled PDR, but I think I like Pride more. :)



During my first few weeks on the job, I was allowed to watch the dailies of Pride. I must admit, after a while it got kinda boring seeing the same take over and over and over again. I realized then that they never had to worry about me begging to go on a movie set. Still, it was cool to see which takes actually made it into the movie, and which were regulated to the editing floor.





Another cool thing about working for the film production company that produced Pride is that I get to play with all the props from the movie (yes, I touched Terrance Howard's Speedos - eat your heart out, ladies!)





Here's a shot of me at the office dressed out in some of the Pride gear. The Speedos I'm holding are not Terrance's. I think they were worn by the guy who played Walt in the movie.



The movie is so inspirational. Everyone should see it.

Check out the trailer for Pride, which opens this Friday, March 23rd. You can view it at http://www.pridefilm.com/