Thursday, August 21, 2008

Book Buzz

Even though I'm not a big Meme person, my friend Gwyneth Bolton, whose yummy Hightower series is making a huge splash on the romance scene, tagged me for a really fun one. So, yeah, I decided to take part.

I'm a meme murderer, so I won't be tagging anyone. However, for any of my loyal blog readers who want to take part, simply copy and past the paragraph below:

I am going to list three categories of books. 5 MUST Read Books, 5 Books on Your Nightstand, and 5 Look For These Soon. Keeping with the theme, I am going to tag at least 5 bloggers. They should put these same lists on their blog but SUBTRACT one book from each list and ADD one of their own. Then they should tag at least 5 more bloggers. It will be fun to see how the lists change as it goes around the blogosphere. Please come back to this post and leave a comment so I can see how the lists are changing as they go around the blogosphere. Since this is Book Buzz…please keep your lists to titles released in 2007-2009.

5 MUST Read Books:
Orange Mint and Honey by Carliss Brice
Conception by Kalisha Buckhanon
The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Soulja
Better Than, Leslie Esdaile
No Control by Shannon Butcher


5 Books on the Nightstand:
Pig Candy: Taking My Father South, Taking my Father Home Lise Funderburg
From Harvey River by Lorna Goodison
Trading Dreams at Midnight by Dianne McKinney Whetstone
Murder Mayhem & a Fine Man, Claudia Mair Burney
Peach Blossom Pavilion by Mingmei Yip

5 Look For These Soon:
The Hemingses of Monticello: An American Family
Midnight: A Gangster Love Story by Sister Souljah
Red Light Special by Risque
Rainbow’s End, GiGi Gunn
Dark of Night by Suzanne Brockmann


Speaking of must reads, here's a picture of my friend Anne Sophie who flew all the way from France to buy a copy of my current must read, Release Me. Okay, so she didn't fly all the way to the States just to get Release Me, but she did go to one of my favorite Barnes & Nobles while visiting New York City, and was sweet enough to send me this pic of her buying my book. I just love my friends. They so rock!