Tuesday, December 01, 2009

National Buy a Book By A Black Author and Give It To Someone Not Black!

It's December! My favorite month of the year!

I've always loved December because I cherish the Christmas holiday. I now have another reason to love this month. It's National Buy a National Buy a Book By A Black Author and Give It To Someone Not Black month!

National Buy a Book By A Black Author and Give It To Someone Not Black month is the brainchild of author Carleen Brice. Her blog, White Readers Meet Black Authors, was started this last year to raise awareness of books by black authors and show readers that it's okay to venture into the black/African American section of the book store.

Make sure you check out her video on YouTube. It is hilarious.

As a special treat, I'm giving away a copy of Carleen's absolutely fabulous novel Orange Mint and Honey. I just read the book and was blown away. Shay, the book's main character, will fascinate you.

Orange Mint and Honey will make it's television premier on the Lifetime Movie Network on February 7, 2010. The movie, titled Sins of the Mother, features the extremely talented Jill Scott. I know she is going to be great as Nona. I cannot wait to see these characters brought to life. (A plea to LMN: Please do not mess up this book!)

To win your own copy of Orange Mint and Honey, simply recommend a black book you would give to someone not black.