Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"The" Discussion Again

Because I've been super extremely busy these past few weeks (not just extremely busy, but super extremely busy), I'm taking the lazy blogger's way out and directing you to a very interesting post over at Dear Author. It's about "the" discussion: race and romance novels.

I've only had a chance to skim many of the responses, but there's good dialogue going on over there. I sometimes grow weary of this debate, but the non-colorblindness in genre fiction--specifically in romance--is something I personally want to keep in the forefront of people's minds. In my own little rose-colored-glasses view, I think it will eventually make a difference that goes far beyond romance novels.

Go over to Dear Author and take a look post on "Cultural Appropriation".

Labels: ,